Wednesday, December 27, 2017

My Christmas gift returned

I am feeling sad today. A friend told me that my sphere of influence extends to my family alone, and that I better have the faith to believe for good things in the upcoming year. Well, I consider myself a failure right now. I know there is nothing I can change. People have their own will and exercise it when they want to and how they want to. I am a mere ant in this big world. My viewers have dropped in numbers. I wonder if I am making a difference? Perhaps I should just go back and teach English as a second language.
My eldest daughter returned a Columbia dress I bought for her at the Great Canadian Outdoor Store. I thought it was a wonderful, soft material dress that she would like next to her skin. I thought she would like the black t-shirt with a few Christmas Trees on it. I did not consider it as an ugly Christmas shirt at all. I have just decided not to contribute to the purchase of her wedding dress, if she ever gets married. Life has so many twists and turns; I can't keep up with it.
So here I sit again, feeling defeated right after Christmas. Will it get any better? Can I drill up enough faith to keep hope this coming year? Truly, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment