Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas from Long Ago

No automatic alt text available.
I was just reminded of this photo at christmastime a long time ago. It seems like a light year away. The furniture is the same, but the lives of all of us have been greatly impacted with Deborah missingin the stripped shirt. The hole in our hearts is still bleeding, despite the gradual moving onward with our lives. Getting older, and perhaps wiser is carried no treats. It is snowing even as I write. I fed the chickadees with tons of vegetable peels, cranberries, and bird seeds. My garden at my house is full of birds. Daughters have gotten older, moved out, one busy with a boyfriend. Others in our family struggling with medical conditions still dubious to say the least.
Tomorrow, my latest Japanese student will occupy Deborah's room once again. I heard she was allergic to cats so we'll see if she can last here since Ava is still here; the sickly cat who has respiratory issues.
Can memories alone sustain us? I think not. I remember after my first husband abandoned me, I felt that the photo album of our wedding, and my wedding dress would be enough to help carry me through my lifetime. It did not. Jesus filled the hole, with yet a greater plan, five years later. Now my eldest daughter will be 29 any day. Where does time fly? It seems to fly away like the birds, only to appear once again at a different location in our memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment