Thursday, December 29, 2016

Returned some Clothes

Well, like most people, I returned some things that did not meet the cut, after Christmas.  After I tried on my purchases in front of my daughters this morning, they honestly told me what to keep and what not to keep. Some would have needed minor alterations and the trouble would have outweighed the benefits. I bought several outfits for my now youngest Sarah, but she did not fall in love with them.. I was most happiest for 2 pairs of shoes that I bought. All good quality leather, on sale. My husband got 2 slippers, one outdoor, and one indoors at half price.
The turkey has now been made into soup, and I think I will put it in the freezer. Simply put,  we just can't eat that much anymore. With age I get more and more picky, lazy and dehydrate as well. Our taste buds don't work as well either.
The snow has melted. Some folks have taken their Christmas tree off already. Church tickets are offered for dinners and other events. Many families are divided in their concept of celebrating New Years. One member may want to stay home and eat popcorn, and drink champagne, while another wishes for more of a social group event, with firworks, dancing, or parties. One person may enjoy the company of some, while not the company of others at the same event, thus creating friction. It basically goes back to the fact that 'desire' is never satisfied. No matter how perfect we want to create an event, it will always have flaws, and mishaps, and hurt feelings associated with it. Often sadly, the worst comes out in people by abusing alcohol, and the consequences of these childish behaviors will be long lasting. Relationships end after foolish behaviors, lives may be taken during car accidents, and feelings may be hurt after the realization that this person is out of control, and will never be the man/woman that I thought they were. We come to the awareness that we can't change people, and no matter how much we love them, there are simply things that we just can't compromise on. No matter how sweet we are, others may still choose to rule over us if we permit them. Instead of them ruling over their own bodies, and self, they choose to exert their dominance on the seemingly weaker vessel, whether that is the man or the woman in a relationship. All types of stresses, financial, various inadequcies that are felt and imposed on, including the pressure to start a family wears down one's relationship instead of builds it. People are rarely on the same page, think alike, feel alike, value alike. Plus with the change in season of our lives, all these core values may change before our very eyes, as not only illness but other factors may play a role.
I believe a Happy New Year, is when we allow the persons we love in our lives to be free. Let us love the other person more than we love ourselves. Let us realize that we can only change ourselves. My car mechanic has a list of rules he goes by in front and centre of his office. One of the last rules is 'The Customer is always Right' , Remember, 'the customer' is always right.. so is a wife... if you want a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment