Saturday, December 17, 2016

Canada in Deep Freeze

I think most of Canada is in a deep freeze, even the warmest of places, Vancouver, BC where I reside. Tonight we are expecting more snow and in  just 2 days, it will be plus 8 celcius and raining.
Between the computer acting up and dying on me and a general feeling of ill health I have not been writing much. For that I apologize. I think I am sick of all these antibiotics, and it\s side effects. Also, eating mostly canned foods since my husband is also ill hasn't helped with my well being. Finally, I broke down and pulled out a casserole of Cabbage Rolls today, from the freezer. A few weeks premature, as I was going to serve it closer to Christmas, but simply put, I just need some wholesome food.
Another reason I may be under the weather.. is because my daughter had laser eye corrective surgery, and I am sick with worry. She still has her band aid contacts in her eyes, hopefully coming out tomorrow. Yesterday, I was putting all sorts of drops in her eyes as she sat and slept in a dark room with sunglasses. I am not one for elective surgeries, and even if there is a chance of loosing your eyesight with such a procedure, I personally would never have done it, no matter how thick a lens I would have to wear. However, my married daughter is more adventurous than I, and choose to get it done at age 26, once her eyes have stopped changing. Since she was very near sighted, and the correction was significant she also has a chance of getting a detached retina. The list of things that can go wrong is endless, but she is just as happy as a button because she will not be needing glasses for her job as a nurse. Today, she and her husband have even gone shopping to Cosco, and I see then unpacking the trunk of the car with new hairdryer, and snowshoes. Their joy for the holidays seem so childlike, filled with the miracle of Christmas. I too rejoice that since Trump got in , people are at more liberty to say Merry Christmas, whereas before, people have been using the caption  Happy Holidays in order to be ' more inclusive to all faiths.."

The other night a movie cheered me up. It was called Christmas in Conneticut. An old movie with a Hungarian character, who is a cook. I think most films in 1945 ish had many Jewish business owners featured in European setting. 'The Shop Around the Corner ' was another film I saw. They are all hilarious romance comedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment