Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A New Roof

I cannot express how happy I am to fall into bed these nights.  Just a recap of my day. Dentist visit in Vancouver this morning, then cleaning, then recapping with the roofer, then visiting a friend with a Japanese students ( younger and completely immersed in the English culture-no Japanese contact), then dinner and a trip to the shoe repair shop, optometrist to pick up my perscription sunglasses now in Deborah's fancy frame, then off to Carlton Cards with my Japanese student where she was looking for snow balls of all things.  In the middle of summer, she was looking for snowballs. We went into several stores, all the while I was telling her that perhaps in November she can find snowballs for her friend in Japan. To my amazement, Carlton Cards, already had their Christmas snowballs out at 50 percent discount.. She found her tiny snowball, and I could not have been more surprised. What also surprised me that Hallmark store had Halloween, as well as Christmas things out for sale. We are now at the end of July, and it is unheard of to have such options and mixture of themes out on the shelves.

We decided to do our roof. The man who gave us a good quote, also a friend of my daughters had a cancellation, so in a day's notice, we had to move all the stuff from around the immediate surrounding of our home. We also had a dumpster arrive the next morning to put all the old shingles in. The weather has never been hotter this summer either, so I treated the men to a raspberry smoothy. The only glitch was that the plywood had to be replaced on the entire roof. We are looking at a bigger cost than originally planned. So tonight we have a heap of supplies on top of our roof waiting for installation. Considering that we had some leaks in closets, and our dining room, it was time to address the issue. Hopefully, in 4 days, all the surrounding yard will be back in order, with a new roof on top of our house. We picked a darker grey shingle with a touch of sparkle. We did not want to choose pure black because it attracts so much heat, and my husband does not like it one bit.

Tomorrow, I will try to stay away from the pounding on the top of my home. I will go out for a walk or something. I am glad the roofers are considerate and finish reasonably early in the day. Please pray that in the midst of the chaos, I can find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment