Thursday, January 14, 2016

My Distraction

I know I am getting way off topic here, but please do give the the artistic license to do so.. Please take particular notation of the comments below on this youtube video. The scriptures backing his view are staggaring. I am just laying the information before you. It is simply fascinating to me that all this is coming out now,, in this generation for whatever reason. Each person can decide for their own.



Sometimes I try to distract myself from the other more pressing situations of every day life. Finances, health, and young adult children. Today I am getting a realtor to come through out home and give us an estimate. I went into Deborah's room, to tidy it up a bit.. It has become a bit of a storage room as well as her room. Her graduation photo is beside her bed. I got new bedding for her, to preserve her comforter from the cat visitations. Still no news of the memorial bench.  My one daughter will be going to her colleagues funeral, since she has passed away falling out of a bus. All the teachers will be replaced that day at her school in order to attend the funeral. Meanwhile my newly married daughter is grieving the loss of her friends brother who died of overdose. She tells me she cannot go to funerals. Our dentist is delaying the extraction of all of my husbands teeth due to the steroid medication that has destroyed his bones. He told us that he was making the referral in the new year, and now, he is going to do a filling for him in February. Even the taxing trip into the city is cumbersome. I worry that he may have a car accident on the way there, and must try to be more pro active and drive him there on future occasions. This is why the bible says two are better than one..because if one is frail, then the other will lift you up, but if there is no one beside you that becomes a problem. Yes, it is convenient to be single, but at times the sacrifice is worth the company. As I'm aging, we are at different crossroads than when we are young. What will my last years look like? What steps do I need to make it happen, and what if it doesn't. Do you want to be close to grandchildren, or want to live in the country, away from city life. My city will soon be larger than Vancouver, BC. Many refugees are coming from Syria also. More cars on the roads, more noise, more of everything. Where will I be most needed? Does that mean I will be also more appreciated? Probably not. Do I live for myself, or others? I hope I can meet the balance of servitude along with gratitude, and life on the golden age train. As another birthday of mine will soon be passing, it is definitely tempting to go into a 55year plus housing complex.  I pray for wisdom for the right decisions ahead..

No comments:

Post a Comment