Saturday, January 16, 2016

Going out to Dinner

Just got another mountainous heap of wood chips delivered to my front lawn. Ofcourse my family members are not happy, about it. The chips were free, deciduous, perfect for gardening, though a little small in order for it to be sellable. The company truck backed unto my lawn, which I encouraged them to do, as if they put it on my driveway, then we have no parking spots for several days.  The down side of this is that the lawn has deep tire marks that now I will have to tediously fix, come the spring. I'm hearing little bits and pices of how my mom is doing.  She has no idea that she has savings, in order to fix her roof. Her entire Florida room is now covered with water, as the rain has been falling for several days.. I thought the monsoon season wasn't till June. My sister has been meticulously providing meals for her, and no hiring contractors to deal with her layers and layers of rubberized roof, that my dad patched up for years and years, costing thousands and thousands of dollars.
Today, I am treating a friend and former colleague to dinner, as there is an incentive to get people into restaurants after the Christmas holiday. My friend has successfully completed her accountants course over a period of a decade, chipping away at it part-time. So now I will take her out to a fancy restaurant that we would otherwise not be able to afford. I will not tell her that I am also treating myself, as I will be having a birthday this month. I told her that I cannot oblige her with Spirits.. that is wine, but regular drinks and coffee.  It is going to be a three course meal, and I am going to be so glad to sit, in a nice setting, after hauling chips in the rain this morning.. Of course, I did say earlier, that we are not finished yet.  My husband is laying on our bed, almost suffering from exhaustion. The tires on his dolly had fallen off as well, so there wasn't a break for us. The concept of selling our home is magnified, but where would we move to.. ?? I hope that we don't have to do anything major in the coming months, but how could I refuse free wood chips? The most important thing to being off the grid, is to have good soil for planting.. My family does not see the benefits of this just yet..
Last week we had confirmation that I will be having a student for the spring break. Now, we must get criminal record checks, which will cost us dearly.
Brindle the dog is sleeping on my wool carpet. She indulged in the skin scrapping of the turkey from my turkey soup. Life is never dull. I came across a photo of Deborah and Brindle..

No comments:

Post a Comment