Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Oh My! The Preparations are Endless

My lists of accomplishments are many, with the help of a number of old and new friends. A big thing off our list is the baking and appetizer preparations for the Bridal Shower coming up in just five days.  My sweet bride to be did all the rolling of certain doughs for the turnovers, which is a very hard job. We did fancy sandwiches, many little cakes, as well as mini cheesecakes. I have bought way too much baking supplies, and despite using 24 eggs for the tart cheesecakes, I still have enough nuts to last me a long time. I worked tirelessly to set up and prepare the kitchen, and clean the kitchen afterwards for this assembly line task. In the end, I wondered if it was all worth it, or could I have gotten it already made at a grocery store. In anycase, I think we at least know what is in my brownies. My love poured into this baking day, and perhaps one day in the future, my girls will remember the sense of community, and love that went into it.  Today I will be cutting some of the cakes into squares, and freezing them. There are plenty of dessert assortments for the wedding also. I learned much from the expertise of a new lady friend who happens to be Hungarian to top. We rolled bread for sandwiches, we filled baguettes, and on and on the list goes. She is also a mom who has gone through the loss of a child when he was in his teens, so we hugged and kissed at the end of the day. I feel that I am not alone.

I got a message today from the lady who is doing the fundraising for Deborah's memorial bench. They would like to present the cheque for the bench (10 year lease) to be placed in Bear Creek Park. That too will likely be done this week. I am eager to meet all the sweet people who have vigorously attended these fitness classes, all for the sake of mental health awareness.

Yesterday, we tried the cake that will be at the wedding. A four teared cake, perhaps even symbolic of my four daughters. I think my soon to be wed girl is going to surprise me as to how Deborah will be remembered at her wedding. The groom is also engaged in preparing the suite for the new couple. The carpet is laid, and the kitchen backslash is soon finished. Today I noticed that all the boxes to be taken to the reception hall are piling up nicely, downstairs.  Best of all , I found a pair of shoes today in White Rock. I will have to wear them in, and have a new rubber heal mounted on it so I don't slip. Otherwise, it is elegant and comfortable, just like I dreamed it would be. I even got inserts to put in them, for the heal, and the bottom for added comfort for the very long day.  In these, three inch heels, I will be able to glide on the dance floor even as a graceful antelope, ( or so I hope). Eventhough,  a dance cost John the Baptist his head, and I am not a dancer, I think I can safely enjoy a dance or two, on this special day soon to arrive. I rarely dance, except to be funny, and rarely have my nails painted but I'll try them both. When I was describing how I may even have fake eyelashes to one of my friends, she said we will be like Bambi, fluttering our eylashes in the wind to one another. So much for the silliness, I better run to cut those squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment