Thursday, May 21, 2015

Feeling Frustrated

Let's see.  I have 1,2,3,4 and 5 jute rugs in my house, so this project is definiely going down!   DIY Painted Jute Rug! sarah m. dorsey designs
Jute rug possibilities

I have been filled with an array of emotions lately. I feel bad that I have not had time to visit the graveside for a few weeks. I feel that I will not be ready for the wedding. I had my hair tinted and put up for the first time yesterday by my hairdresser, only to hear from someone that I should have my hair down in curls. I think I need some hair extensions to make it fuller looking. My hair dresser told me that I should dye my husbands beard, so his will look fuller than it is now. Can you imagine such a project? Out of desperation, I sent his shirt with him to the drycleaners as I know my hands which had several surgeries will never get it right. I never have sent a shirt to the drycleaner, and was pleasantly surprised that three shirts will cost only $9 dollars. His beard will be trimmed along with the groomsmen a week before the wedding.
I asked him to buy some slug bait, fly catchers and fix our vaccum attachment as someone in their anger slammed the door on the tip, and thus bending the metal and my power head would not work. I love to delegate to the frustration of others in the house.

As to my daughter living downstairs as a tenant, well that will be a huge adjustment. Frankly, I don't know how we will do it. Two strong personalities, all crying to be heard, is not an easy blend.

Today I was festering over these cheap  garden spray nozzles that is one worse than the other. I always end up taking them off and putting my thumb into the hole to squirt farther than if I had left the nozzle on. Of course the negative side to this is that your thumb gets tired and cold  holding it there. I have to do some weeding as well, so I don't have to do it so close to the wedding.I still have boxes to put away from the shower, and frankly I don't know where to put it. I tried my contacts on for the first time in 35 years. It was fine, and felt comfortable for about 6 hours. I noticed that I could not see up close to read, so I was frustrated about that. I suppose it is common then, for those who wear contacts to wear reading glasses from the drug store in addition to the contacts. I have to call the optometrist to find out why this is happening, as with my glasses, I could read as well as see far. The receptionist called from the dentist saying that another crown has been approved, so off I go to the city tomorrow. I can only take the drilling for so long, then I wave to the dentist to stop.

I bought a jute rug while I was in Value Village the other day. It is so large that I have no idea where I will be putting it. All I know is that it was a fabulous price. The only problem is that there is a small green stain in the middle of it, and I already found out that with fabric dye, I could paint that little area. I love things that are natural, I suppose it is hemp, but I am not sure. I don't know if jute is the same as hemp. All I know is that for a little runner of a jute rug I paid over 35 dollars when it was on sale at the close of Zellers.This is 15 times the size of my first purchase.   Floors are so hard on the feet, and I think this will be a big improvement for me and my flat feet.

The meeting for the cheque dedication for Deborah's memorial bench isn't appearing to be coming together either. The friend of Deborah who is organizing it is not available on the day the the staff at Just for You Fitness is. Perhaps my restlessness is from menopause, or in general, feeling like I'm always running out of time. This is true, but it makes me a quiet undesirable person to live with, I'm told. I always have to spearhead projects. For instance today I painted the electric black wire conductor into white, so it blends in with our house. I recall the electrician telling us that we can paint it one day, so I figured this was the day. The most important project waiting outside is the repair of Deborah's bench that was at the river. Three boards have come loose, and the whole construction will have to be nailed instead of screwed. I hope a volunteer will show up with some carpentry skills. God knows we need each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment