Friday, May 15, 2015

Crunch Time

It is now crunch time for the Bridal Shower happening this Sunday. We have to load the SUV, and take everything downtown early on Sunday. I have lost the booklet with the list of things I am to be doing. I am pretty well aware that people are helping with decorations, and games and perhaps with a  few plates of food, but it will be I who puts all the sandwiches on platters, appetizers in their oven, drinks prepped for easy access, and enough warm welcomes to make sure everyone is happy.Table cloths are ironed,  I can't tell you the location, or venue, as it would ruin the surprise element so my readers have to wait till after the event to know all the details. I also must remember to decorate the cheesecake, and pick up some ice before the big event. I will wear my three inch wedding shoes, so I can get used to this elevated position during the wedding. I just picked it up from the shoe repair man, who put on some nice cushy rubber heals. I will have to watch some youtube videos on how to walk in these. My greatest desire is that my second eldest daughter  has a superb time, finally where she can lay back and take in all the excitement of the soon upcoming wedding. She has worked so hard to get to this place, and in fact is still working, even this final month prior to her big day. She confided in me that they have many appointments booked for the next 3 weeks. They have not yet moved in all their things into the suite, as renovations are underway.
They have to see the photographer, the church director, the cake maker, the photo booth person, the pastors and the list just goes on. I'm sure their wedding rings also have to be picked up. She had her last final fitting today, and I have yet to see the photos. Life couldn't be more exciting, or busier. It is so overwhelming, as seating plans are revealed, rides are planned, and the limo's are booked.
I am looking forward to the hair appointment next week. I will consult with the hair dresser as to how to wear my hair, and she will put some highlights into the already dyed hair, which I applied, to save on costs.
It is a long weekend here in Canada called Victoria Day. I don't know where time has flown, it is nine months since my sweetheart has left our side. My Deborah, my sweetness, like the honey of a bee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment