Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Green Grass

Feeling torn. Do I spend time in the garden, writing, visiting grand-baby, cleaning or cooking? Thankfully, the weather is a gentle 21 Celcius which I take over any day to the 44 C in France. I am drying my garlic outside, while I have a few hot flashes still at age 59. Will this ever end? Now my fridge has died, and I suppose my day is decided by that little beauty in my kitchen. The fridge is over 10 years old, and we had it repaired once already for over 300 dollars. I am feeling deflated and helpless once again. Not only the financial pressure of our property taxes, our teeth repairs, and now appliances?
Canada Day came and went. We were helping my friend Eva's brother with the farm landscaping. Eva my dear Hungarian friend passed away 3 years ago, and I just learned about the fact a month ago. Her brother is the sole survivor on the family farm and he sure needs encouragement and God's provision so he can stay on a non-producing farm. Do you have any good ideas? Planting small everygreen trees perhaps and pray that the beetles don't kill them; or maybe rent out the lot to someone for parking their trucks or ????? One must be very creative to stay afloat financially that is for sure.
Next week, our first Japanese student for the summer is arriving. She will be staying a month with us. I hope it is a good fit, and she is social. As you know, on occasion some students who come here are suffering from depression, so the parents put them on a plane and let us deal with their mental challenges.
My suicide support walking group has only met a few times as of late. I miss them, but I still visit Deborah's graveside with fresh flowers. Since the rain, we now have green grass once again in the cemetery.
I hope that you don't feel pulled in all directions, and the peace of God will reassure you that all is well, and as He promised He is leading us to green pastures. Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment