Friday, January 4, 2019

We went to a Pub for Schnitzel

We  have been faced with torrential rainfalls here on the west coast. All the rivers are swollen, and creeks near our home. Yesterday, I went out for a late lunch with a friend. We both ordered a breakfast meal substituting hash brown with avocado. I like meeting up with ladies of courage and wisdom. As a woman who is going to be a grandma in a few months I have a lot to learn from those who love the phase of life that they are in.
Then in a surprising way, I realized that it was Schnitzel day at a local pub. I invited my husband to go out for dinner with me. Deborah's dad and I have not been to a pub EVER during our marriage of 32 years. The price for a huge piece of Schnitzel with veggies and potatoes was just right, so we went into the pub. We were surprised as to how lovely the setting was. A huge Christmas tree adorned the hall with a train decor for the source of heat with the pipe.  There were several large televisions all over the room, and of course a bar in the front. Thankfully, no cigarette smoke was present, and the service was nice and fast. Hubby had a glass of beer and I had a coffee. I heard the fish meal is nice also, so who knows we may venture out once more this year to a pub.!! The New Year may bring all sorts of New Experiences. A movie night is also in the forecast as we received a coupon to go to a movie night as a gift from one of our daughter. Apparently, you have a leather lounge chair in there. I would say, that we have not been to see a movie for about 5 years. So again, this will be quiet an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment