Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tired and Sad

I am so tired,  today. It is hot outside (24C) and find little time to tend to the need of the garden. Primarily, I miss seeing my 3 daughters more often, and the day to day interaction. We have set up another 'family day' in July for us to meet, but these days are far too few in between.
Tomorrow, a student from Brazil is arriving. She will be lovely to have around, I simply need to put pictures on her walls in the room we have renovated. I will not be required to drive her places, so I look forward to the rest.
My other reason for being tired and sad is because a dear elderly man is sick, and likely will be admitted to hospice soon. He is from Scotland and I have grown fond of him over the many years.  I enjoy his sense of humor, and since he is a widow, idle chat was one of my favorite things to do with him. He was educated but did not watch television. He grew up during the war years, only later to become a doctor himself, in very poor conditions.
He also would not allow me to kill even a spider. He loved having flowers outdoors, not indoors, and his good bye's always said cheers. I don't think I can bear any bad news, but I am afraid that will be the next news I hear. He has stopped sending me funny emails; thus I knew he was still well.

No comments:

Post a Comment