Monday, June 4, 2018

I'm Sorry I have not been posting Much

I'm sorry I have not been posting much lately. I am in the midst of some home improvements, and have been shopping for items such as airport tar, crack fillers, and grease sealers. I am so appreciative of my husband who is illustrating great patients in shopping, and helping to pressure wash our driveway. We cannot afford to replace it, so we are doing the next best thing, which is to seal it for yet another 8 years. I sure hope 3 pails are enough for the job.
I also painted our tiny porch, and it looks so welcoming now. I will no longer be storing our garbage can up here, so we can actually sit out on our deck on hot summer nights. I had to lock the cat in the laundry room, while the deck was drying. She was not happy at all, and now has disappeared. She must be scared of all the commotion and noise. The weather has been co-operating. To my husbands delight, we are doing this work while the weather is still moderate. He is unable to work when it gets above 20 degrees Celcius, as his medications cause him profuse sweating.

In the midst of all this work, I had a slip and fall. I bruised my lower arm, and the back side of my rib cage. Thankfully, I got back on my feet; no broken bones. Our strawberries are ripe as well so we must start harvesting our produce. Tonight my husband is watering the garden, while I sip on a cold glass of wine, well deserved.

I also have some more sad news. A friend of ours son has died. In order to protect the family's identity, I am not at liberty to share who it is. This young man was in intensive care for a long time after he was revived upon a suicide attempt. A precious soul, so distraught with his life, just like my daughter was. A teenager so sweet and kind, and the youngest of four, even as my child was. I will most certainly be attending the boy's funeral in order to support the family in whatever way I can. It will be hard, but we must help the family for the many months and years to come. I will share with them the suicide/ homicide/ drug related deaths' support group that meets in Surrey. I am so distraught. So very sad. May God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment