Saturday, June 9, 2018

My Eldest Daughter Moved Out

Today, I am recuperating from helping my eldest daughter move. She is moving out at the age of 29 for the first time. Her boyfriend who is frequently away working in northern cities, will be moving in with his cat. My eldest has a cat as well. Two cats and two adults in a fairly small above ground suite. I can only pray that they will get along, and find themselves in a place of deeper commitment.  They both attended the same high school a long time ago; at the time not even knowing each other.
They still have to set up a few items. I helped with the cleaning and putting wall paper on their shelves in the kitchen.
Now even more work awaits me, as I will have to paint the room she vacated, with the help of my other daughter. We miss Deborah, of-course who would be more than eager to get involved in the room upheaval. We even bought a new taller toilet bowl for the en-suite bathroom, that awaits installation.This room in our home has not been painted for 10 years, since we moved in. Then ofcourse, some items will have to be taken to the dump. I am feeling tired just writing about it. A sudden downpour has scared the couple on their moving day. I can only be there for them, and pray for them. My job as a parent is over. Now I can only model what it is to love, and care for the family.
Interestingly, the suite is on the same street, where I used to live as a single woman 33 years ago. It is a lovely spot, overlooking the north shore mountains and the Fraser River. I even introduced my daughter and her boyfriend to my old Hungarian neighbours who live on the street a few doors over. She was making Schnitzel as she invited us inside. God works in wondrous ways.  Now their neighbours are the ones I had before I started my family. I thank God for His sense of humor and intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment