Saturday, April 21, 2018

I went to the Youth Fundraising Sale at Deborah's Church

This morning, once again as in former years since Deborah took her life, I went to her youth groups missions fundraising sale. We stayed a short time, but I did get to see some of the youth that she knew.
I bought some home made cookies, some flower pots including a very nice clay one. I also bought a collapsable clothes rack (wooden). We bought more flower pots that are hand made, but have to be painted. I got a few silver sugar and cream dispensers, and crystal. I also bought an antique gun case for 20 dollars. The wood was so spectacular on it, that I couldn't resist. I will be polishing it up as soon as I can get the right wood polish for it. It reminded me of the beautiful wood that is used in making violins. Many people got china, music stands, tools. My ESL student was there with his family, and he found a metal music stand among other things.
I sure hope that the memory of my beautiful daughter will stay alive at the church she attended. I hope to be a presence there so people will remember her, and how important mental health is among young people.

No comments:

Post a Comment