Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A Bulldozer at my Neighbour's House

The day before yesterday, the power was disconnected from a rancher across my street. An old lady used to live there until she was placed in a retirement home. She lived an independent life, sometimes I would see care aids come to her house in the mornings, and in the evenings. She would take handy-dart, or a taxi to go places with.
Last night a bull-dozer pulled into our street, and later was positioned on her property which now belongs to someone else. We expect the house to be torn down, and a massive 3 storey home placed in itstead. We will be listening to construction for most of the summer, I presume. There was two other homes that went up on the cul-de-sac behind us. My cat Tiger  has had to listen to that noise now for several months. Finally, the roofs are up, and mostly the noise will be from within the house.

It is sad how the flora of our neighborhood is changing. Will a mass construction with at least 3 families in the home really add value to our neighborhood?  We have a lot to learn from this culture, as the savings are considerable when several generations live together. However, I have experienced with my married daughter living in their own home, that it may be beneficial for them, even if it is hard on me. Perhaps we will see each other more when the grand babies come, but life is very very busy indeed for them. They just put in recycled french doors in place of their sliding door, and the window in their bedroom's place.

Well, I have to go now, to teach ESL. I have not prepared much, but trust God will lead me. Have a nice day everyone!Image may contain: tree, house, sky, outdoor and nature

No comments:

Post a Comment