Tuesday, November 28, 2017

We Must Let Go

I'm feeling hungry tonight. I am enjoying a second dinner of meat loaf that my husband made yesterday. A peanut butter sandwich just didn't cut it. I have not had regular meals lately from being preoccupied.
I was thinking of the  cycle of life. As soon as our children can communicate we send them to per-school, and then school to be influenced by strangers, so called teachers. We are then surprised why our children have bonded to the teacher, and we hear that teacher 'knows best'. Homeschooling has always been one of my first choices. The only time I would not recommend it is if the child is particularly fond of structure. I have home schooled my children in their formative years.  Then the children grow up, and it is the 'friends who know best', then as the young adults become more seasoned, they may ask, oh mom what do you think?? They come back to asking for help, and even advice. This is a nice phase for the parents. Then the cycle reverses, and we become dependent for rides, visits, and company from our adult children. We become like children in our old age. We crash our cars, and talk too much on our phones. How is it even possible? 
We feel loss when our children move away, sometimes for thousands of miles. Yet, a mother's heart is never distant from them.We raised the sweet gifts God gave us in the nursery, and now we must release them into the garden.  I know that all things are in God's hands and He works all things out for those who love Him, and diligently seek Him. We must let go and let God. We must pray for one another every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment