Friday, March 11, 2016

I don't Expect the Fruit to Ripen

Tomorrow we await the arrival of yet another  Japanese student to arrive to our home for a two week homestay period during spring break. Her room will be Deborah's room. We cleaned the floors and made it suitable for a student all over again. I will put fresh flowers in it tomorrow, and get some novelties for her. They actually already arrived and spent the first night in a hotel in downtown, and had a tour of UBC. I cannot help but feel that this international City called Vancouver, has less and less opportunities for our own home grown children. There is always a lot spoken about opportunities and such, and then you go to a poor side of the neighborhood, Vancouver east side, and you are basically in the slums with the largest use of drugs anywhere in Canada. Minds are damages and lost on those streets. Hopes and futures are crushed. Some are thinking that they are purchasing Heroin, and it turns out to be Fentanyl. Just recently a 40 year old dad in Kelowna died, thinking he was using heroin, but the autopsy, told a different story to the mom.. He died of Fentanyl in his body. To top this news, my earlier posts indicated the suicides in Cross, Manitoba; six in total, with 140 attempts in addition in the last 2 months.  Lord help us.. we are truly a doped up society.. just like in the days of Noah.. The word pharmaceutical is derived from the word sorcery.  I will do my very best to keep this young student from all harm while she is here. We will have some nice time or relaxation, and learning, mixed with short trips. I do hope that my hips will hold out, and I can actually do some walking around town with her. Lately, my bed has been my oasis. I am also having a rough time being content, and non confrontational. I feel alone, and inadequate. I feel alone and forgotten. Yesterday was the first month of the new year, in the Jewish Calendar, and I hope for newness of life, a true Jubilee. The world is more rotten than ever, and monotonous. Eventhough, the trees are pruned in my back yard, I don't expect to see the fruit ripen this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment