Saturday, March 19, 2016

Expectations Fulfilled?

I am looking at the leaves budding on our trees. The grass already had to be cut. My daddy's pear trees are flowering. We have lived through bad wind storms, and rainstorms. As we have spring break these two weeks, in our schools, we take a step back to look at all that the Lord has done for us. So greatful, for all His blessings and interventions, even when we don't see the immediate result.
I was telling a friend that we cannot go by emotions.. not feeling happy thing.. We must go by the knowledge that God sometimes answers with a yes, a no or a wait.
 I have been nursing a cold for a while now, high up in my chest. I'm wheezing, is the word for it. I got some antibiotics, and so did my husband, and my daughter who is suffering from Pneumonia. The doctor called it 'walking pneumonia'. It is a very old fashioned term, meaning that you are not deathly sick in bed, but are able to still walk. Due to this girl's coughing like crazy, we have not slept for several days. Both hubby and daughter got puffers as well. I keep taking teaspoons of Manuka honey, as a cough suppressant, and I will let you know how well that worked.  I pray we won't get to the stage she is at, as I am still catering to a Japanese student for another week.
Today, I hope to do the usual with her that I do with all my students at some point; and that is to take her downtown on the sky-train, and then cross over by the Sea-bus to the North Shore. I hope that the cool air will not make me feel worse. We have been reading the Japanese bible on line. I was trying to explain to the girl what the rapture is in Japanese. I am not sure she got it, but it would certainly be a surprise if one day she would find us gone. I'm not sure what the cut off age is in God's infinite wisdom. It is grand that we do not have to make decisions like this. The girls fixation is cartoon characters, and pop artists. I showed her Elvis singing, Help me Lord, and she did not know Elvis. I showed Adele to her, for the amazing voice God gave her, and she has never heard of her either. Oh, well. These are just earthly attachments if you can call it that, but certainly idolizing anything or anyone in this world is a big NO. All our sources of talent comes from God. We must worship the Creator of the universe.
If you have been following my posts, you must have seen that the Jews are expecting their Messiah on the 26th of March. That likely means that on that day the false Messiah will make his appearance. Beware, Beware of what is to come, and who you bow your knees to. The true believers will be likely gone before that in the rapture, this Passover. At least that would fulfill my expectations. Love you all. Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment