Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Bakery and Chocolate Sales!

Today is March 29th, the first day after the resurrection Sunday holiday. Monday was a holiday also, so officially, today was the day everyone is back to work. Two of my daughters are working with the School Districts, and one is finishing up her nursing school. Her plans are to take a holiday in April, before she takes an online course that will count towards her graduation.
I am still in pain from my hips down to my right knees. As I sit writing this, even my tailbone hurts.
I did manage to get some very nice day old breads, muffins, cakes, and English muffins, Egg rolls, and brownies. Everything was discounted after the holiday, and I saved a hundred dollars on bread and bakery items before 9 am this morning.
I polished my silver, and then recruited my husband to get some discounted chocolates from the store. Boxed chocolates, and everything that is shaped like an egg, even the O Henry chocolate. Usually London Drug store has some quality chocolates at fifty percent discount, and we treat ourselves. It will last a long time if the Lord tarries. No sooner did I write about our savings on the bakery, my husband brought in an apparent overdue ticket invoice from the car insurance people. Apparently, I just contested the amount of the red light ticket, (which I never do) I usually contest the whole ticket. The amount is for 100 dollars. I called the courthouse registry as to why I wasn't able to attend a hearing, and they explained it all to me. So before getting my car insured in July, I can pay off this ticket. I was sadly caught in this predicament, because the yellow lights in Vancouver turn red much faster than they do here in Surrey, so I got 'nailed'. The devil knows how to pinch us where he can, but thankfully the believers will be finally free from all the insanity of this world, and the pressures of it. My friend, the author of the poem, 'Sparkling Deborah' expresses it this way:

Revelation: "Yea, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." Substitute the word phantoms of evil (sickness, demonic behaviour, poverty, ... all the works of the devil).
What are phantoms? Nothing with any substance, but they APPEAR to have substance. What is God's rod and staff? His Word and revelation on His Word.
Put it to work to make the phantoms disappear that hide the evidence of what Jesus did. "For this reason, the Son of God was manifest, to destroy the works of the evil one." He has done it. He made a show of satan's defeat when He took from satan the keys of Hell and Death. We are just enforcing the victory. RAISE UP THE WORD OF GOD and pierce the darkness; show it up for nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment