Friday, December 18, 2015

Dear Colton Dixon, I've wanted to write you since August 2014

Dear Colton Dixon,

You may never see this but I've felt compelled to write you since August 2014. I've listened to your music before and have always been a fan. It wasn't till August that my connection to your music grew by 5'8.

My sister ended her suffering by suicide in August of 2014 and your song---Never Gone was one of the two songs left on her phone. Everything else on her phone had been erased. It was hard to listen to your song for a very long time knowing this song she left with a purpose. I believe it was her way of reminding us that she is never gone. Now that some time has passed, it is more of a reminder how gracious god is and how through all ups and downs, he is the one person that never leaves us.

Thank you for such a beautiful song. It holds greater meaning to me now.




No comments:

Post a Comment