Thursday, December 24, 2015

Candle Light Service

I'm still adjusting to the time change. I am up way too early and find myself sleepy by the afternoon. Today is the 24th. We did a little shopping this morning for groceries, as some coupons were about to expire. We tracked through some big warehouse stores early in the morning, looking for a small fridge for one of my daughters. Most of the sales won't be till boxing day, so we quickly exited most places. I do have a boxing day birthday to celebrate as well,  in our home. Things will be very simple this year. No amount of material stuff will compensate for the loss of my dear Deborah. I will muster the strength to go to candle light service with my family tonight, but that is it. Normally, we would have a lovely gathering afterwards at a friends house. Everyone bringing a meal; but not anymore. Each one of us in this home are dealing with their own sorrows, and issues. Mental health is rampant, nobody is "Normal". Emotional distress is worse than physical pain. A co-worker once said,  everybody is normal, until you get to know them. It is difficult to enjoy life in this crippled state that we are all in. I can't say if the youth, or the elderly suffer more from mental health problems. I just know, it is not a place to be, not a place to sit, not a place to linger in. One must help the other get out of it as quickly as possible. I don't want to become an expert on this, not even close. However, all nursing students have to do a long series of studies, and hands on at the psyche ward. I wish there was a pill, or something, to make this pain, all go away. One friend suggested that I start typing to prayer groups, for healing. Short and simple let the prayer request be known. Spread the news, that someone needs prayer. Results are usually soon forthcoming.  Ultimately, it is the clinging to our Higher Power, moment by moment, day by day. Seeking deliverance and refuge in Him who knows us better than ourselves. Going about the traditions now, that are neither good or bad.  Phoning people, wishing them a Merry Christmas, going to Candle light service, exchanging presents. All these gestures are only that.. No more seeking of miracles, no more of hoping for something dear, and better. Just carrying on carrying on. No sparkles in our eyes of anticipation, and glee. I'm waiting for this all to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment