Monday, April 8, 2019

Went to a kids Swap Meet

Yesterday, I was at a children's swap meet with my husband. Even in his weak state he said he would help me this one final time trying to sell some things like sports equipment, maternity (that would pass as), and clothing. We rented two tables, but one would have sufficed. There were simply not enough shoppers. One of the 3 rooms didn't even have any tables rented. I was very disappointed, especially when the lady in charge told me to take some of my things off the table since it is a 'garage sale item'. The neighbouring tables owner was selling toys in boxes that were brand new. This too should not have been allowed, so I a asking  for a full credit for the table rentals. I'll let you know what happens. It was just a complete waste of our time and effort.
I ended up donating 2 big boxes of items at the end to a local school. All the vendors were encouraged to do this.
The one good thing is that I was able to purchase a few necessary things for my grand-daughter soon to be born. It was so excited to see all the children's items. One thing that I was looking for was an umbrella stroller (fold up) but I did not even see a single stroller for the grandma to be. So life goes on. The anticipation and preparation is taking place for this new little life we are all awaiting. Be strong and of good courage.  Jesus has overcome all illness, pain, and death itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment