Sunday, December 9, 2018

Went to the Graveside

Last night on my way home, I stopped by the cemetery, and visited Deborah. I had to take the flashlight in, and found the winter reef in place at the head of her grave marker. Perhaps the next time I go there it will be white with snow. I recall the verse on it from Revelations 2;10 " Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give to thee the crown of life". This year several of those we loved and knew are no longer here with us. Deborah's grandma in Hedley, B.C has died this past month. A dear friend of ours just 60 years old has also gone to be with the Lord. There is truly, an army of saints who are waiting for us on the other side. It is hard to phanthom another Christmas without my daughter. Even as we engage in baking for Christmas, enjoying her dad's birthday celebration all cuts deep, in the longing that I feel for this girl. Thinking of the cold wet grave she is sleeping in does not make it any easier.
One friend in his late 60's I can't seem to get a hold of. My friend Stephen Steinman who has written so many books, and knows biblical prophecy more than anyone on the planet has been silent. I can't get a hold of him via telephone, or e-mail. Could the Lord have taken him home as well? Some of his books he sent me as of yet unpublished and unseen by this generation of the fig tree. Who will publish his books if God forbid he has indeed left us?
I feel drained, yet content that there does come an end to our labour.
Yesterday, was a good day in that we got my Lutheran pastries, and Hungarian pastries from the church. We also have some specialty meats for the holidays. It was good to connect with those from the same country as I am. It is not very often we see each other, but I rejoice that the body of Christ is so much bigger, and we will all be together one day.. Deborah how can I go on without you?

No comments:

Post a Comment