Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Catching Up/Woodward's Displays

I have been trying to get things done that need my attention. I am getting a new glass frame as I have my allotted insurance coverage as of the middle of the month. I got new batteries put in my husband's watch, so he can tell the time. This watch is very meaningful to him, since he received it as an inheritance after his dad passed. I have purchased five shirts that were on sale, for Christmas gifts, including one dark red with tiny black checkers for my husband. This is his only reddish shirt, but will look amazing on him since he is fair skinned and as a boy had fire engine red hair. Deborah, my youngest who is now  with the Lord has inherited his porcelain skin. I am thinking of donating Deborah's graduation dress to the upcoming year's graduates. It would be nice for someone to have a beautiful dress on their grad.
I have washed my wooden clothes pins, swept the last of the fall leaves that fell off the trees, organized the presents that still needed wrapping, and platted the Christmas cookies for friends. I have cleaned my storage closets, and washed the deck only to have the racoon s leave their paw prints.
Tomorrow, I want to find a scratch post in a second hand store for the indoor/outdoor cat Tiger. I will also look for wool blankets, cast iron pans and whatever specialty item I may find. The best time to go is in the morning once the items are restocked in the morning.  Ohh, and did I mention:  I went to several church bazaars and purchased tea towels, baby items all hand knitted, and many things that are not found in shopping malls. I will not be ordering things on line, especially since the postman is still dealing with the overwhelming parcels still undelivered since their strike initiative. Shopping is good therapy apparently for those who are grieving and struggling, so even window shopping may help. The old Wodward's Exhibits are also out for viewing at Canada Place, this year. Perhaps it would be nice to go and see them. I recall, Ron and I and the four girls would go to New Westminster to see all these beautiful displays around Christmas time. Ohh how I wish our family was still together! Missing one is like missing a part of your body. Image result for woodward's display christmas image
Related image





No comments:

Post a Comment