Monday, November 30, 2015

An Honest Post

Today, I pushed myself to go to the funeral home.

I occasionally meet up with a group of wonderful ladies for a walk around the funeral grounds. I used to go a lot, most Mondays in a calendar month but my visits have become non existent. This was my first meet up in awhile. 

With the holiday season approaching, many of the ladies expressed their despair. Another holiday without their loved one. Another year coming to an end. Tears flowed. I shared a common bond with one of them---it's hard to watch people grow old  while our child remains forever 19. Facebook is becoming a ground of unhappy reminders, time ticking away, friends marrying, grandchildren being born and my child well- she'll never have that.

As I age, my hips are going. I'll need surgery if Jesus is delayed. My mother, 19 years older than I am is hospitalized, her mind dwindling.She is in a convalescent home, far from here.  My remaining daughters are working and one is newly married. Is this what they call Empty Nester Syndrome?

No comments:

Post a Comment