Sunday, February 22, 2015

Love for Pets and Carpets

Since the last three years or so of our lives, we have been surrounded by pets. They make a mess, they're hungry, thirsty, need brushing, housing. They make a mess in the yard and in the kitty litter. They cost, but we love them.
Tonight, I went to Target, to get additional carpets for the floor, so my engineered cherry hardwood floor would not be destroyed, unintentionally of course. Even though, we bought a scratching post for Moonshine, Deborah's cat, it is just not enough. She roams our floors, and I had some slippery cheap carpets all over the hallways, that kept moving under our feet. Being aware that falls are a common, tragic occurrence among older people, I wanted to make sure that we don't slip on one of these throw carpets. A broken hip for the elderly can mean death according to one doctor I spoke with. The last thing we need is for someone to break a leg or a hip, while trying to protect our floor. I got some really cool wool carpets and runners made of Jute (please don't ask me what that is, but it seems like a natural fiber) Of course not many of my carpets match, because the ones on sale are generally limited. The colour in one, reminded me of Deborah's vibrant personality, and I just had to have it. There I go again, impulsive shopping at Target. I hope the Lord will forgive me. My husband didn't seem to mind, as he knows we will have many years of valuable use out of them, if the Lord tarries.

No comments:

Post a Comment