Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dress Shopping

As you probably all know, my daughter has found her wedding dress. There is about three months to the wedding.   Now it is only I and the five bridesmaids who need their dresses as well as the suits needed to be purchased by the groomsmen. This is an awsome task in itself, and thankfully the bride to be, has a reading week at university, so she can devote more time to her wedding planning. I think I found the dress too, but I am not willing to pay the price they are asking for it. I must keep searching. The wedding being in early June, I expect the weather to be still a little cooler, and I might be able to get away with a long dress. In one booth when I went shopping alone, I was trapped in one of those many layered dresses.  The cubicle was the size or smaller of one of those pop up toilets at a construction site. There was tul, and more tul, and when I attempted to pull it off me via my shoulders, the dress was stuck. I was contemplating for five minutes if I should call the service lady to get the dress off me. After going through the thought process, I sucked everything in, and the dress released, turning inside out at a few places. I was so happy to be released from this ordeal, that I gave up trying to put the dress back on a hanger. Despite tucking it in, here and there, it still looked turned inside out on some of it's layers. I promised myself I will not go shopping alone again.
Unfortunately, a lot of stores did not get in, a selection of holiday/occasional dresses this December, and now I can't seem to find the discounted dresses. I gave up on the idea of altering a dress. The color is too pale, and likely would not photograph well. I am trying to drink lots of water, as a friend thinks I am dehydrated.  If that is the case, my size may alter in three months. You never know. So with all these if's.. there is one thing constant, and it is the love of God.
I was enchanted to hear one person explain ,who, in fact, is going to the wedding in Heaven. He started off by saying that a person who is pregnant has visible changes occurring in their bodies. There are visible signs to see whether or not a person  is a follower of Jesus. A person can't be pregnant and not start showing growth in their belly. So, we know that the Bride; that is the perfected saints cannot be sleeping when the Bridegroom arrives. The bride remains in her bride chamber. Then the servant takes the bride and they go to the wedding.  The bridegrooms friends are going, the bride ( the perfected saints ) and the bride's party is going; those who are born again, showing signs of growth but not perfected. This group will be greatly disappointed as they could have sought to be perfected but for whatever reason they remained stagnant in their walk with God. Finally, the Jew's will be going-the Bridegroom's party. As the bride, we either seek the beauty of Jesus or the blessings He is awaiting to give us. It is better to seek Jesus for His beauty. Before we die, our purpose has to be fulfilled, as we have to go back to our Maker and give account of our lives to Him.  We cannot be "Christians" for 35 years and be found sleeping. Ten years of our lives, we simply as a rule sleep and eat.  We must walk the talk, in humility.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you to all of my readers. We have reached the over 9,000 mark, and I am so appreciative to every nation represented. It is a topic of huge relevance no matter where we live, and I pray for understanding, wisdom and healing in our lands.

    ReplyDelete