Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Humilated..Betrayed...Lost

I'm told that I'm supposed to share with you,my readers, more of my feelings. It has been six weeks now, and we all still feel shattered, like a china cup,in millions of pieces. Well, here it is. A few days after things sunk in, I felt humiliated, betrayed, devastated, lost, angry, and tormented, in disbelief, only to list a few. These feelings only kicked in a few days after the fact. Immediately after becoming aware of what happened, we were numb with grief, stunned, in shock, paralyzed. No words can explain the pain, we stayed up all night, except for maybe an hour of sleep, with the police attending, along with victim's services in still silence.



The night we discovered Deborah missing, events escalated by each moment, each hour, with worse and worse news. Around 9 pm I asked the family, where is Deborah, she should be home by now? Some of my girls believe that this was perhaps the exact timing of her jump; a mothers instinct.
 She got a ride to  work in a convertible bug with a family she knew for 9 years. She said I love you in my foyer, and when I saw them out, she said quietly to me from the car seat, that she loved me, and I said back, I love you. Two I love you's on the same night was a little out of character, but I relished it.
Perhaps she finally communed with my heart, and things were going to be better. Her hospitalization in January, with psychosis symptoms, not yet determined, still weighed on the back of my mind. She had since then, totally transformed her life, no drugs, no alcohol, no overnight parties.
We thought Deborah worked late for the family that evening. When she wasn't home by 9 pm, and it was dark outside, we inquired of the family and we were told she left at 7pm, mentioning that she will be out for a long walk. We called the police to report a missing person, and looked in nearby parks, bus stops, and possible areas she might be in, perhaps jogging.

Continued on another post..












No comments:

Post a Comment