Monday, September 29, 2014

Introduction

Hi Everyone,

I would like to introduce my self, as the mom of Deborah Gordon, my youngest daughter. On August 18th of this year, I automatically joined the suicide survival's group. My astounding treasure gone, in the blink of an eye. Don't get me wrong, all my four daughters are the fabric of my husbands and my life, but Deborah was the cherry on the top. After loosing a baby due to miscarriage when Deborah was about five, I knew that four children sealed our family.
I wish to thank my dear husband and three daughters, many friends, and foremost God who created us, to abide with me in these darkest of hours. I think this blog will help with the healing, and it was only today that Sarah, now my youngest came up with the idea of a blog. I will be like Arne Bryan, founder of Prayer Canada who at age 94 has learned to use the e-mail, since his head office now moved to Ontario. I instead, will by necessity learn to blog. Arne has left us a copy of his new  book called Arne Bryan Pioneer of Prayer Canada, that  has been published, after Deborah was laid to rest. He promised it to her before her baptism. It says,"To Deborah, God speed child Our darling has gone to be with Him, Jesus. Bless you Arne Bryan."
Deborah felt much comfort in helping an older grandpa figure in her life, making a few meals, going swimming, taking Arne to the Vancouver Board of Trades, and even playing Battleship in our home. She was helping Arne to use his e-mail, and get some basic computer skills prior to him signing up in the library for a tutorial.
By July, Deborah was asking me if her church had a baptismal occasion in the summer. We found out that September would be the earliest, which seemed not to agree with her.  She appeared a little eager to have it done before the fall, and we put our heads together to see what can be arranged. We found out that Arne was ordained to baptize, and upon her request from Arne, a joy of great delight filled their telephone conversation that he would be happy to baptize her. Apparently, she chose the date August 16th,  and a visit to Crescent beach, which included myself Arne and Deborah occured a week before her baptism.  Just to get a feel for the layout of the beach and ocean. We sat on the bench for a little while as the tide was in, and birds flew by. Deborah received some baptismal literature as well from Arne, with scripture highlights as to the meaning and importance of this step of faith.
Deborah was reading her bible months prior to this. She was asking questions, and highlighting many verses. It was later that we found out that she had read through her bible twice in a matter of 7 months. Her moose bookmaker trademarked her steady progress.

I will end my entry here for today, and I just want to let you know  that we welcome everyone's insight, past experiences and knowledge, whether it be professional, or simple folks,  in good faith. Her casket was open for the reason of closure for some, healing for others, but also to illustrate the consequences of our lives, and the inevitable end we will all have to embrace. As our pastor said, at the funeral, we live between the two years, our birth and our death. It is the "dash" that matters in the middle.  




No comments:

Post a Comment