Sunday, January 19, 2020

My 60th Today

Eventhough today is my 60th birthday, I thought that I must post a few things because suicide contemplation in the minds of humanity never takes a rest. I post these things as a warning of the devastation of lives out there that are seldom covered or discussed because of the stigma attached. I do hope that as we carry forward in hope that we will be more supportive in our communities and places of work in viewing and understanding mental health and depression.
I told my husband in the middle of the night that last year was a very difficult one. Downsizing from a huge family home with tenants to a 55 plus aged complex with a total of 1190 sq feet was a huge undertaking fought with daily challenges leading up to the big day. Today as I stand here typing in my new kitchen, I feel accomplished, yet somewhat fearful of what my hip surgery will bring about. This is my second one they will be doing likely in the spring. I also said to my husband that I am happy with my age, and would not want to be one year younger or older than what I am. I am a survivor of many things. I will miss my youngest and treasured daughter today , Deborah Gordon on my day of celebration, Usually, it is the ones we don't have with us that hurt the most was a saying I heard before.. Well it is true. Eventhough, my family will  be together; Deborah's absence will be a huge hole.
My little grand-daughter with similar dimples on her cheeks as Deborah will adorn my arms as I greet the world today. Be strong my friends, and of good courage because Jesus overcame the World and He is coming back soon. We will see our loved ones again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment