Sunday, January 19, 2020

Adjusting to life Here

I'm feeding the birds millet in our back yard. One neighbour must have taken notice and let the manager know. We were informed that due to the possible rats coming to feed on the birdfood, we are not allowed to feed these adorable birds. It has been record cold, wind and snowstorms here. Some of the bridges and highways closed.
I'm planning on making a nice Gulyas soup for tomorrow, which will last us over the weekend. Hubby bought just the right cut of meat (a little on the fatty side of beef) and vegetables to make a big pot. I am already fearing the chopping process since my right hand hurts from all the packing that I did this year. I sure hope my carpal tunnel condition is not coming back.
My dear friend in her late 60's is self admitting herself to an assisted living home. This has made me feel sad as of late. I can hardly imagine leaving spouse behind, and taking this step, unless one truly feels they can't cope with the day to day responsibilities of life. I feel very thankful, that my husband and I are still hanging in with all our disappearing might. I don't know how the years will play out, but I still want to be a witness and support for those who have lost loved ones to suicide, and for those suffering from mental health/psychosis. I want to re-surrender myself to God into this calling if He chooses me to be there for others. I just recently posted Deborah singing "heroes" on my facebook page. Her voice is so missed. Her talent was so grand in all areas of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment