Thursday, November 14, 2019

My Home will be Perfect There

I have been de-cluttering for approximately six months before our move. We sold sometime in the middle of August, just at the tail end of summer. Multiple viewers placed competing bids on our home due to the 2 suits that were contained therein. Sadly, the condition of one of the suites has reduced the final offer greatly, which brought us grief. How a tenant can have the odor of feces in the unit is beyond comprehension, and some lookers didn't even see our immaculate 4 bedroom home upstairs. As it turned out the grandchildren urinated on the sofa, later we found out. We certainly will not miss the tenants or the hard work it took to maintain the home and garden.
We rescued many berry bushes, and favorite flowers of mine. One treasure is a dwarf walnut tree, blueberry, raspberry, among others. I will miss the stray animals on our old street which we fed and named. I exchanged telephone numbers with the neighbours who we valued. Most have been problematic, and stressful.
We managed to sell many items we could not bring with us online on 'Marketplace'. Many gas tools, ladders, pressure washers and garden tools we gave away to family.  There were days I was so overwhelmed, and during the last week we slept on a foam mattress on the floor, since everything else was packed. My daughter reminded me that if we tried to do this in 10 years, truly it would have been much harder. Ofcourse she was right.
Now we live in a community of elderly aged 55 plus. The nights are quiet, and the peace is welcome. We have a clubhouse that welcomes everyone for various activities, from hymsong to horse races, (little wooden horses) that come alive apparently as you roll the dice. We attended our first stew dinner, and the next one will be closer to Christmas, when they order in Chinese.
My eyes are set on my final move to Heaven where I will see my dear daughter who tragically took her life in 2014. This is truly the move I look forward to. My home will be perfect there.

No comments:

Post a Comment