Saturday, June 22, 2019

Meaningful conversations

Yesterday, I and my husband went to a suicide/homicide support group Barbecue. It was held at the funeral home where our daughter Deborah is burried. We met some lovely ladies who have been attending these events and groups for well over 15 years since the support groups have started. We had a lovely meal with salad and desserts that we contributed. There was no speaker, just some very meaningful music by a lady who has sang with the Vancouver Symphony. She sounded a lot like Janice Joplin. After everything concluded we drove her to the skytrain station. Her experience of loosing a son has molded her music to greater beauty and significance. Today, I am feeling tired, but overjoyed that perhaps my little grand-daughter will come to visit once again. Life carries on and gives us new glimmers of hope despite our loss.
As I continue to comment on a facebook page for suicide awareness support groups, I am reminded of how far I have come in the last 4 years, and how raw the pain is for many who are just going through this. God Bless you all and ask each other how their mental health is.. Have meaningful conversations today- please.

No comments:

Post a Comment