Monday, May 20, 2019

My Long Weekend at the Quay

I woke up today to a cooler morning. The birds are chirping. Thankfully, the early fires were dwarfed by some rain last week. Hopefully, this season will be less severe for the forests and wildlife, and the dear firemen who protect us daily.
I made myself an avocado sandwich with chives and tomatoes. The avocado's are perfectly ripe, and I'm the only one eating them unless I make it obvious to my husband that he should have a sandwich. At a local restaurant, one can exchange anything on their breakfast plate for an avocado. For instance, you can have an avocado instead of hash browns. I only learned this from a seasoned restaurant visitor who is my senior.
Yesterday, we went to the Quay Side in New Westminister per my husbands recommendation. It is after all the May long weekend.. Queen Victoria?? So we basically crossed the bridge on which Deborah took her life, and walked by the Fraser River in which we found her body. Upon noticing my obvious sick mood, I told him that this is not a joyous outing for me. Had it not been for a senior lady on her bicycle who I conversed with for about 20 minutes, it would have been almost unbearable. This woman with a long grey braid, goes canoeing with her rifle almost a entire month by herself each year. She appears to embrace actively her old age, and was not boring to listen to. In a short time since she knew all about guns, my husband also started asking her a bunch of questions. Her husband is in a shooting competition this weekend in Mission, B.C but she could not handle three days of it, so I found her on the dyke.
Today, my laundry awaits. What are you engaged in?

No comments:

Post a Comment