Saturday, March 31, 2018

Demi-John's and Good Friday

Today is a new morning! The frost is kissing the roof tops of my street. The full moon adorned the night sky, somewhat larger and cream colour than normal. My hardy seeds are planted in the garden, including my potatoes. My garage is full of winemaking supplies, from demi-johns to pumps to pails and bottles of all kinds. I have the book "the encyclopedia of home winemaking". A retired doctor showered me with  two rooms full of his supplies yesterday. I still have piles of more boxes to bring over, but at least his basement area is now more or less empty; the designate two rooms that he utilized for this hobby. By faith I hope someone in our family will wish to undertake this project down the road. I keep telling my daughter that she can build a cellar as an add on to their house when they put in their swimming pool. There is something about wine that reminds me about Jesus; how he made the wine at the wedding, and it was the most delicious ever, upon his mother's urging. His first miracle!
Yesterday, I meditated on Jesus' sacrifice on the cross. Being 'Good Friday' also brought a great remorse over my sins, and the sins of men. We are totally lost as sheep without our Great Shepherd. Jesus the most perfect Lamb was slaughtered for us, so that His blood sacrifice would be enough to redeem mankind from their total demise. I hope and pray that all my readers will take time to meditate, and spend time with their loved ones this weekend. Look Up, people for our Redemption is near. 

No comments:

Post a Comment