Monday, October 30, 2017

Work and More Work

I have been depleted with the cares of this world lately. My dear husband's ankles are swollen once again, and he is going this afternoon to get some antibiotics. He suffers so much and I am so sad to see this. Then, my neighbor has decided to paint my fence in the cool weather without my permission, with the color of his choice.. Until now I had a lovely teak stain on it, but prolonged the re-spraying of the stain because I did not have the right equipment for the job. I feel like I'm loosing ground on some of our home projects for my nearly 60 years of age in about 2 years.  Then there is the issue of tenants on our streets who are doing everything to make my street a mess. Then there are other family concerns, and changes. I'm sure everyone's plate is full right about now. I don't even want to think more then one day ahead at a time. Ohh and the grass may need to be cut one last time.  The fall leaves are just about all off, and there is snow in the forecast by the end of the week!! Ohh and I also may need an oil change soon.
I also took on having Christmas dinner at my home this year with friends and family, so it will be work, and more work. I also have to screen would be applicants to my ground level suite, and that is always a scarry thing to do, as many landlords would know. Today is crisp and fall like weather. The sun is shining but I have little strength to do anything at all.  I am still in my PJ's.
Ohh and the other thing that happened was that a table that I had restored gave up the ghost. I have had to call the man who rebuilt/varnished the table a year ago. I sure hope he honors the workmanship he did, because now my table is unusable. I wonder what we'll have Christmas dinner on! Anyways, these things are only minor irritants compared to the hunger, poverty and misery of so many people in the world; especially the persecuted church.
I fed the birds once again, at Deborah's graveside. Her flowers are white roses, and pale yellow roses from my garden. The stain-glass butterfly is still on her grave that someone left.  Sadly, our suicide prevention walking group will no longer be walking since the leader has a broken foot. I will sure miss the ladies. Mental health is always on the forefront on the news. You can tell by the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment