Friday, October 27, 2017

Calvary Celebrating 25 years Now!!

Hello folks, today is Friday. The weekend is ahead of us. On my way home from Sears today with my daughter, I heard my church advertise for the 25th anniversary event this weekend, starting today. Calvary Worship Center has been around for 25 years of faithful service. Not too many churches can boost of this. All Glory to God ofcourse. Sadly, we will not be able to attend as Deborah's dad has infection in his leg again. I just pampered him with some antibiotics, yogurt, and sphagetti that he earlier prepared for the family. He is barely able to put any weight on his leg. Sadly , his chronic illness with Chron's disease often has many side effects. So here I am, in the living room sitting by myself, letting him have some peace and quiet. As I reflect on over 30 years of marriage, it is incredible how we have uplifted each other through thick and thin. I don't know how single people do it alone. I strongly support young men to find wives. Marriage keeps us from many temptations. Just make sure to find the right partner. My marriage has always been one of co-partnership. I usually have taken the reigns in areas I am better at, and I let him do what he excels in.
Today is a beautiful fall day. I am still looking for tenants for the suite my married daughter is vacating in a few weeks. I don't know why it hasn't had the interest it normally had in the past. Thankfully, God always comes through, but never too late.
Earlier, I was at the cemetery to visit Deborah's grave. I touched up the flowers, and prayed for her soon resurrection. It has been too long since her passing. Over 3 years now. We just found out that a grandpa like figure to Deborah has also passed this week at a ripe age in his 70's. He too is laid at the same cemetery. I remembered today how there will be a huge crowd waiting for us on the other side. Our mansions are being prepared as we speak. Come Lord Jesus Come..

No comments:

Post a Comment