Monday, May 29, 2017

Cherries I picked with Deborah

Displaying 20170529_131621.jpg
Today, I opened a can of refrigerated Okhanagan cherries that I picked with Deborah in the summer of 2014. I can't describe to you how delicious they are. They are firm, sweet, but not too sweet, and fantastic. Generally, I am a poor canner, but this remarkably turned out. I had no idea that when we made them, that I would be enjoying it without Deborah's presence many years later. It is incredible how these little things keep popping up. By this time, it was somewhat obvious that her recovery from psychosis was not as thorough as we had hoped. She went camping that weekend, and I met up with her to do a visit with Grandma in Hedly, and pick some cherries in Keremeas. Joy walked hand in hand with sorrow, even then. I knew something was wrong, but did not know what it was. Was it mental illness, bi-polar, depression, psychosis or a mixture of all. Was it simply exhaustion? Two months after this excursion she would take her life off a local bridge. Ohhh Deborah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment