Wednesday, April 26, 2017

I am Going to a Meeting

Image may contain: text
Hello Again, I am so tired, but I am soon off to attend this meeting about Substance Abuse Death, put on at the funeral home , where my dear Deborah is buried. My daughter was not an addict, though you find many of my posts focus on addiction. My daughter did casual drugs on the weekend, as well as drank on the weekend. The fact that she masked her pain of mental illness was her primary reason for taking her life, is what my soon to be nurse daughter tells me. It manifested in the form of psychosis the Christmas prior to her death. We thought things were on the mend. She was on medication for her previous psychosis, and then was put on anti depressant for only 1 month. We believe the two drugs may have played a role in her mental state. To this day we are not sure if she took the anti-depressant as well, but now know that you can't be on both medications. The psychologist did not tell the family doctor of the medication Deborah was on, so she got a pill that only 25 yr olds should get, and she was only 19 when she jumped off a local bridge. I still feel that the doctors were partly responsible, even if she had bi-polar or other forms of anxiety that we had no knowledge of. Much of her behavior we attributed to teenage rebellion, but she was more joy than rebellion. We are left with many questions.  Seeing a representative from Fraser Health Authority will not be easy. I feel, like my husband that they too let her down. I just wanted to let my readers know that Deborah had no Drug Addictions. She did not die of Fentanyl. It wasn't even known almost 3 years ago. She may have tried Molly, but mostly did marijuana that in fact left her mind in a state of psychosis for a time. It is awful to see, when the mind does not work. When you can't retain information. When you are seeing things. It is sort of like a car that takes over and goes wherever it wants to instead of where you are driving it to. Pray for the youth of today, that they learn to say no to all drugs. The risk is too great, and you will surely die.

No comments:

Post a Comment