Saturday, April 29, 2017

Arne Wishes for More Visitors

Our dear friend Arne Bryan, is on Palliative Care. I have been to see him a few times, but now my heart is too weak to go and see him in this weakened state. His connection to Deborah is that he baptised my daughter at Crescent beach 3 yrs ago. I am sad at the thought of loosing him.
This is what a friend wrote:

Subject: Holy spirit is so faithful

> Today I decided to go see Arne. I did”t know why but I knew I needed to go see him.
> On my way I said Lord I know your sending me.
> When I got there Arne was sleeping. I noticed his feeding tubes were out.. I.V. out only his oxygen was in.
> I though hmmm
> When he awoke he grinned and as we spoke he told me I could call his doctor and speak to her.
> shortly there after the R.N. came and asked me who I was and proceeded to tell me that Arne has requested to go off all heroics. She said he was of sound mind and so they were respecting his wishes.
> I told her I understood, and that you must know we do not fear death.
> I looked at Arne and said your tired , Right, he nodded yes.. I said your are ready to go home be with Kathy. He said yes . I said your at peace , of coarse you are. He closed his eyes had the biggest grin you ever saw,, and nodded and nodded and nodded his head. I have never seen a happier person so ready to go home.
> He is now listed as palliative. No more heroics.
> I asked him what do I say to your friends , he said tell them to come , you know he loves his friends.
Tonight I realized well he will be walking out speedily either here with no intervention , or in heaven but he will be walking out..

No comments:

Post a Comment