Wednesday, March 29, 2017

The Broom Brush has Blossomed

The Broom brush has blossomed. It is pouring buckets today. Some mud slides along the train tracks have stopped trains from going from Vancouver to Seattle. There are a few signs of springs, the budding of certain trees, and even early rhododendrons. The daffodils will be out in the next day or so. The Japanese cherry blossoms are not out, and my Japanese student left without seeing the mature trees on my street. There is an emptiness in my home. I miss the student. Perhaps I miss being as busy.
Deborah's room is empty once again. We are washing sheets, and vacuuming. I spoke with a friend who said that surely all the time, and effort we put into having a student stay with us, is hardly compensated. So I've come to realize it as a ministry of witnessing to foreign students. God knows Japan has so few Christians. I made sure to point her to the truth; the four steps to salvation in Japanese. I showed her some christian churches in Japan with the lovely worship on youtube.

Everything will be clean for Passover. I have not been corresponding with Deborah's friends, perhaps their obligations do not allow it. I can't tell you how many times I thought we would be enjoying the last leg of Lamb for Passover, but we must track along no matter how we feel. God said He would not give us more than we can bear. This Jubilee year will be special, no matter how sad we may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment