Sunday, October 23, 2016

The Weekend

Hope you are all doing well this weekend. I managed to clean my bathroom, and hubby went out to get a new toilet seat. I like the ones that has the automatic lid.. I managed to have a shower and wash my hair as well by standing on my bad hip leg, and the heel of my broken other leg. Thank goodness, I have not fallen in the last 2 weeks while trying to walk on this broken leg by using only my heel. Early in the week, I will get the results of my x-ray, and pray that the doctor will allow me to walk on this foot again. In bed I am munching on cashews, and chocolate chips.. A terrible combination. However, I still get hungry even by doing nothing. This is quiet remarkable. My root canal has settled down, and only a permanent filling is required to be done on it. As I sit here, proof reading one of my daughters, nursing papers, I can only reflect that even a disabled person like me has some use. Frankly, it seems like there is no time to waste. We are either falling behind or marching forwards. We never stand still. Not in relationships, not spiritually, not physically, not in anyway. God asked us to take dominion, and so we must until He returns. I sure hope it is this weekend, the end of Sukkot, on the 8th day. There is so much more to do, but I realize that very soon all our toil and work here must end, and I do look forward to it. I just hope that I had a chance to spread a little joy, in those who have known me. Laugh at my silly jokes, and character. I am even thrilled that our tenant is a child of God, and that he has housing through our provision.
 I was treated to a lovely dinner by my now youngest daughter. I had fish with a baked potatoe and all the trimmings. Life is good, in the midst of all that is bad in this world. Let us be all thankful, and childlike, and forgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment