Saturday, September 17, 2016

Two Dogs Fighting Inside

I am up early on this rainy Saturday. The fall weather has made it's mark, but it is not yet fall for a few days. Today, I am having the roofeer come over to fix a minor leek on the flashing. He wants to see it on a rainy day, as the water lightly drips to our driveway since extra tar was left on the edge of our flat roof above our bedroom. I love it when a young company takes such good care and comes back without us having to call them, even.

Pacific Coast Roofing & Contracting <pacificcoastrc@gmail.com>

  This is their name, here on the Lower Mainland of British Columbia. I highly recommend Dan, for reasons too numerous to mention here. So in anycase, the rain is very welcome here. Hopefully all the young trees planted by the city will somehow have made it through. We need lots of trees to keep our air clean. I had  someone write to me yesterday, that "life sucks". He is a trucker with a family in the States. He is eager for Jesus to come back as well. I told him to spend extra time doing fun things with his family, but  it sounds that for whatever reason that is not possible now. The demands of this life has unfortunately taken not just dad away from the family, but also the moms.  Many of our eyes are turned to the election. The Trump administration seems to have a plan for families per Trumps daughter who herself is a mom of 3. Trump has 8 grandchildren, and I can see them setting up a daycare system that works. I'm not even sure if Hillary is a grandmother yet. One old man I know said that Hillary is the better of two evils.  This was before her episode of buckling knees on the 9/11 ceremony. Well, all I know is that Trump is straight, having had a few marriages behind him. Hillary, I'm not sure about. If I was a US resident I would most certainly vote Trump. He even has hair, that so many mocked him about. I told my doctor that at age 70, I may not even have hair.

My battles continue, asking my girls to eat and live healthy. I fight for our relationships, my marriage, my existence. I don't think we have an option.
New International Version Nehimiah 4;14
After I looked things over, I stood up and said to the nobles, the officials and the rest of the people, "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes."
I fight with myself, so that the old man in me does not surface it's ugly head. It would be so much easier to be mean, resentful, selfish, hopeless, withdrawn. When these ugly heads appear, my family is extremely aware. They try to give me my space. I am not perfect, and as a senior, I want to have the liberty to on occasion actually truthfully express myself and not hide.  After all, I have dealt with all their rotten attitudes have I not? I must not go down this road however, I cannot afford to be found wanting. It is truly the two dogs fighting in me. The black one and the white one. Resting is very hard in these turbulent times.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live ...

biblehub.com/galatians/2-20.htm
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave ...

No comments:

Post a Comment