Sunday, April 24, 2016

Colours changed to Glorious

I am in bed again, feeling awful from menopausal related issues. My dear husband brought me lunch. My usefulness extends to doing some clothing mending, and posting to facebook. Yesterday, I managed to go to a funeral of a sweet lady. Her life was showcased with beautiful posters of Post War era, and her adventure in immigrating from Germany to Canada at the age of 19. The photos of the Alps, her love for classical music and her family was adorned with fresh flowers, music books and history books of the places she lived. I wore the same black hat minus the black ribbon, that I wore at Deborah's funeral. I also had on a brown flattering dress with my leather jacket, quiet contrary to the families spring colored attire.. Perhaps knowing that this was a Christian Memorial, I should have known better. The recognition that the person is with Jesus, gives immense comfort to the grieving, and they truly celebrate the life, instead of focus on the grief.
However, the only recent funeral I've been to has been my daughter, which engulfed me as a black storm. I wore everything black. Black lace dress, black shawl, black nylons, black hat and ribbon, black clutch. When I came home from the funeral, I found this little poem on my page, which may have significance to my readers as well.

The Plan of the Master Weaver
My life is but a weaving between the Lord and me,
I may not choose the colors,
He knows what they should be
For He can view the pattern upon the upper side,
While I can see it only on this, the under side…

Sometimes He weaveth sorrow, which seemeth strange to me,
But I will trust His judgement, and work on faithfully,
‘Tis He who fills the shuttle, and He knows what is best,
So I shall weave in earnest, leaving to Him the rest…

Not till the loom is silent and the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why -
The dark threads are as needed in the Weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.



Perhaps This Ressurection Day which is today,( according to the Hebrew Calendar,) my view will be more joyous, less devastating, less painful. The colors may change quickly to Glorious.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment