Monday, June 22, 2020

Dear Daughter

Dear Daughter, as I see your friends celebrate more birthdays, and going through the rituals of birthdays ourselves, along with Mother's Days and Father's Days, I watch in disbelief. How is it possible that you have left us so long ago. It will be six years this August. I miss your voice and smile so much. Your name hardly comes up in our family conversations. Why is that? Everyone is so busy, almost to the breaking point. You have missed out on the birth of your niece and nephew. Though the dimples are evident in your niece, I can't wait to see these children's character and personalities. Will they be a lot like you? Talented, smart beyond her years, compassionate, and kind? I miss you my gem, my jewel. I can only blow kisses to you, and put flowers on your grave, till we meet again. Love, your Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment