Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Accepted an Offer on our family home

Yesterday, we accepted an offer on our family home where for 12 years we raised out family. Joy and sorrow accompanied this decision. Ofcourse it isn't a done deal yet with financing and inspections looming around the corner, but physically we were not able to deal with the workload and the demands of the tenants. Our move to our very small place would be at the end of October. Believe it or not, I still have a closet full of clothes that belonged to Deborah. We finally, after five years of her passing have to deal with the wardrobe that has her memories and her scent tucked away in her clothing. My one girl has kept a pink blanket that she has not washed in five years. I noticed how dusty it got, as it was on the chair by her desk.
Some other things I will be doing is taking some of the garden plants out, such as blueberry, fig, and possibly dwarf walnut trees and put them in pots to take to our new place. We will need to get a plumber into the new place and put in stackable washer and dryers to save me a little more space in an 1100 sq feet townhome. Most of the people are 55 plus years of age in this new place. I wonder if we can adjust? Life is a cycle. Happier times was when we were young, with younger children when we did not see into the future of a possible suicide. I keep looking at those pictures of my family; the happier days.

No comments:

Post a Comment