Sunday, January 28, 2018

Had to drive across the Patullo Bridge, Again

Feeling tired today. I got home from the Japanese Gospel church. Driving to New Westminister across the Patullo Bridge off of which my daughter took her life is never an easy task. The student has no idea how dreadful it is for me to do this task.  I only do it in order to get the gospel out to their spirit, mind and soul. The teenagers cooked soups, made a salad, and a bun. I treated the student to a meal, since it was a fundraiser for missions. I love to see churches with more young people than old. I even borrowed two bibles from their well hidden library, only to have them rejected and left in my car.
I suppose it is up to the Holy Spirit to call all men unto God, so all we can do is follow God's leading. I did however, got to speak to three ladies about how we are in a jubilee year, and how , Genesis 6:3 speaks about how God will Dwell in man only 120 yrs (jubilee's that is) and we are in that Jubilee, praise god. The women were very welcoming, and eager to learn. I also got to give a good hand surgeon's name to a woman who has destroyed a tendon in her hand from working in a prestigious hotel as a housekeeper. It is difficult to find a good surgeon, just like finding a good dentist or a restaurant; you may have to travel the distance to get to there.

Well, the good thing is that I don't have to do homework with this 18 yr old student. I would not have the patience for it. Just a few more days and she is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment