Thursday, February 23, 2017

I Pressure Washed

Well, as I look at the frost on the roof's and the seagull's and crows peeking in my window for food, I can't believe that I pressure washed yesterday. My husband and I got an electric clearance pressure washer from Canadian Tire. A dream of mine, since the gas one, which is powerful, is sometimes too much for the small jobs, like decks, fences and sidewalks. Our water was just turned on for the year, and I simply got a small portion done: our driveway.
The driveway had all the de-icer, dead worms, and oil stains on it. I also pulled out some of the plants from our garage, and had to cover it with potato sacks over night. Many of them are perenials, so I don't have to worry about them. All this effort led me to realize how much more work there is to do in my garage. Today I am cleaning our extra fridge out. I noticed that a box of potatoes have started to sprout. I may divide it and bring it in to our home to sprout even further.
Considering that my hands with two pins, and my new hip is a nagging pain in my daily routine, I have to carry on and assist my dear husband who has severe Chron's disease. The doctor most recently, wants his 'brain to reset', so for a month or two, he is off pain medication. This of course brings out many mood swings, and the agony of pain is enhanced. All we can do is to be encouraging. He continues with his cross guard position daily, and told me that he hopes that the cold will numb the pain. I suggested that he puts on his wool leggins under his uniform. Yes, those who are married live longer statistics show. We have served one another with goodwill all our lives. I appreciate him very much. As my friend recently became a widow, and the funeral is today, in Winnipeg,  we realize even more the brevity of life. The bible says it is as the flower of grass, here one day and gone the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment